Michael is a highly skilled facilitator and executive educator specialising in leadership and effectiveness, change management and strategy implementation.
Michael’s early career was as a senior naval officer in the Australian Navy and was directly involved in executive development activities. While based in the UK, he was course director for the Royal navy’s Tactical and Strategic Development Program with responsibility for training and developing mid and senior British, Commonwealth and NATO naval officers around the world.
More recently, he was Managing Director of the Australian and New Zealand operations of a global human capital consulting business, and then the Principal Consultant for Melbourne Business School/Mt Eliza Executive Education. His role involved client and customer relationship initiation and development, acting as an interface between clients, participants, academic and associate educators, and delivering education programs as lead facilitator, providing high-level strategic consultancy advice to key clients across the MBS-Mt Eliza portfolio, and providing thematic links with client requirements to ensure success.
He has a broad international experience with strong cultural ability and sensitivity. Michael has partnered with leading national and global organisations in the financial services, construction, hi-tech, retail and FMCG, engineering, media and health sectors.
- Coached executives from Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, USA, UK, New Zealand, Malaysia, China and Hong Kong, Canada, France, Brazil and Thailand
- Coaching assignments with executives with roles titles including: Chairman, Board Member, Managing Director, CEO, CFO, FD, General Manager
- Coaching assignments with executives from sectors including; Banking andFinance, Construction and nEgineering, Defence and Aerospace, Medical and Health Administration, Steel making, Building and Construction, FMCG and Retail, Industrial and High-tech, and Government (Australian Commonwealth and State; Indonesian), and Universities
- Over 500 hours of executive coaching experience
- Coaching accreditations with Prof Tony Grant (2002) and Lee Hecht Harrison – Master coach (2005)
- An active Executive Coach since 2000.
Expertise / Specialisation
- Leadership and effectiveness
- Change management
- Strategy implementation
- Executive Education
- C-suite group dynamics
- Head of Global Leadership Academy – QBE
- Principal Consultant MBS – Mt Eliza Executive Program
- Managing Director – Human Capital Consulting House
- Tactical and Strategic Development Program – Royal Navy
- Senior Navy Officer – Australian Navy
Education / Business Coaching
- Currently undertaking PhD in Human and Organisational Dynamics – Fielding Graduate University, Santa Barbara California
- Masters of Business Administration – University of New England
- Graduate Diploma Applied Science – HMAS Watson, Sydney; US Navy, San Diego, CA
- Lee Hecht Harrison Executive Coach