W Coaching Group was one of the first evidence-based coaching practices in Australia with our coaching initially research and trialled at the Australian Graduate School of Management. W Coaching Group’s multidisciplinary approach to coaching continues to evolve and the nimbleness of coaching is one of the reason why executives find it useful. Positive psychology, strengths-based approaches and cognitive behaviour theory underpin much of our coaching. To this, our experienced coaches add specialist methods of relevance to a client at a particular time. These may include existential, gestalt, mindfulness, narrative neuroscience, psychodynamic, solution-focused or transpersonal approaches. We also draw heavily on adult development theory championed by Kegan and Garvey-Berger and contemporary leadership thinking and frameworks. All our coaches bring to their practice an extensive knowledge and experience in business, enabling them to quickly understand the context of the client’s world.
W Coaching Group partners with the client to design the most appropriate solution. Executive coaching assignments typically involve the following steps:
1. Taking a detailed brief and proposing two coaches who are a ‘good’ match for the participant and the purpose of the coaching
2. ‘Chemistry check’ between the participant and their preferred coach
3. Initial 3-way meeting with the participant’s line manager to confirm he goals for coaching
4. Coaching sessions occur (90 minutes) spaced over regular intervals (e.g. 3-4 weeks apart). Sessions may include the review of insights gained from 360 feedback and other data. After each session the coach summarises progress and agreed actions in an email to the coachee
5. Final 3-way meeting with the line manager to evaluate the coaching against goals and to confirm actions moving forward
6. Final email from the coach affirming achievements.
In addition, our coaches are available to the participant between sessions via phone and email and for an ongoing period equivalent to the length of the assignment, once the assignment is complete.
We have coaches across Australia and New Zealand, and in cities in Asia, the US and the UK.
We contribute to large-scale projects without losing focus on our core competencies in coaching and change. We achieve this by working with strategic partners, who are also leaders in their respective areas. Our collaborative and reflective style underpins how we partner with you and other organisations.
Our coaches are collectively accredited to work with more than 30 instruments, including: